4 multi-sport days to regenerate your mind and body
Cortina's mountain guides offer "4 multi-sport days", a successful and original combination of e-bike, via ferratas and climbing routes, leading up to the most famous peaks of the Ampezzo valley in a sustainable way.
The participants will be amazed by the beauty of this itinerary. It leads through the Ampezzo Dolomites Nature Park and to the Fanes waterfalls, which are among the highest permanent waterfalls in the Dolomites.
Every eventful day ends in one of the mountain huts of the Cortina Delicious area, which stretches between Pocol and the Dolomite passes Falzarego and Giau.
4 adventurous days, surrounded by nature, to find yourself again, to train your body and refresh your mind.
- Meeting in the mountain guide office, check of the technical equipment and, if necessary, hire of an e-bike;
- descent to the Nature Park of the Ampezzo Dolomites, where to tackle the first via ferrata in spectacular surroundings: the Fanes waterfalls. It is an easy round trip under one of the highest waterfalls in the Dolomites;
- after having climbed the via ferrata, we will cycle to the mountain hut Rifugio Dibona located at the base of the majestic Tofana di Rozes, one of Cortina’s iconic mountains, and spend the night there.
- After a hearty breakfast, we cycle up to the Duca d'Aosta refuge, from where we can reach the via ferratas Ra Bujela (easy) or Ferrari alla Pegna (medium difficulty).
- These via ferratas are located on the sides of the famous “Tofana Schuss", the steepest section of the iconic slope of the women's downhill World Cup races.
- Then we cycle back to the starting point and reach the mountain hut Rifugio Scoiattoli, from where we can enjoy a wonderful view of the 5 Torri crags, which are known all over the world. Here we will spend the second night.
- Hike to the 2 via ferratas which lead to the peaks of the Nuvolau and Averau, from where we have a wonderful view of the Civetta and the Marmolada.
- Then we return to the Rifugio Scoiattoli, take our bikes and cross the valley towards Rifugio Croda Da Lago G. Palmieri on the shores of Lake Federa. And here, in one of Cortina’s most beautiful places, we will spend the night.
- We start early in the morning and reach Becco di Mezzodì, a detached peak overlooking the Ampezzo valley. A short third-degree climb leads up to the summit, then we have to abseil down.
- Those who do not want to climb, can hike to Mondeval and visit the site where archaeologists found the remains of a man, who lived there in the Mesolithic era, over 7,000 years ago.
- Return to Cortina with a wonderful descent by bike.
- From 2nd to 5th July
- From 16th to 19th July
- From 6th to 9th August
- From 27th to 30th August
- From 10th to 13th September
The price for a group with at least 4 participants is € 630.00 and includes guide service, technical equipment, overnights and half-board in the mountain huts.
The bike is not provided. If you want to hire one, you can contact the following rental:
Noleggio Sport Rent Pocol
Cortina - località Pocol, n.44
+39 331 2012022
Good cycling skills, adaptability and a spirit for adventure.
Recommended clothing and equipment
- Via ferrata set
- Cycling or via ferrata gloves
- 30 l backpack
- Sleeping bag for the overnights
- Change of clothes
- Rain coat
- Long and short pants
- Via ferrata shoes
- Water bottle
- Snacks; for food resupply there are several refuges and bars along the route.
Information and reservations
+39 0436 868505
Corso Italia, 69/A, 32043
Cortina d'Ampezzo BL